The SISCO CIM Adapter for the AVEVA PI System combines the power of the world’s leading real-time historian, PI, with the power system modeling capabilities of the IEC 61970 and IEC 61968 Common Information Model (CIM). The SISCO CIM Adapter for the AVEVA PI System will import XML-based data model definitions into the PI Asset Framework (AF) so that access to data within the PI System can be done within the context of the data model eliminating the need for applications to be pre-programmed with tag names. The result is reusable applications that can access data in the context of a central system model and discover the data they need without having to be pre-programmed with knowledge of all the available data.
- Works with customer-defined models, models derived from other applications, or industry standard models such as CIM, IEC61970 (for EMS), IEC61968 (for DMS), IEC 61850, ISA, etc.
- Imports model information and network connectivity information into PI AF using CIM-XML files
- Can auto-create PI tag names based on the model definitions
- Enables the use of an enterprise semantic model based on your power system model to be used for developing PI applications without tag name dependencies
- Simplifies management of tag naming changes by supporting an incremental change process that updates tag names without manual configuration
- The UIB interface supports model synchronization between AF and the power system models in other systems to enable historization of these external model changes within the PI environment
- Runs on any currently supported Microsoft operating systems